2/5/09

the nursery

with our 5th, there have been many 1sts! this is the first time i have bought a whole bedding set for the crib. (in the past i've just recovered bumper pads and had misc. blankets that i've made for each kid.- i did already make him a blanket, so he won't feel jipped-sp?). this is the first time i've actually decorated a "nursery" for the baby. i had so much fun picking out the bedding, then picking out colors to paint the room (with nontoxic paint, of course), then getting these canvas's to paint to coordinate with the bedding. we were lucky enough to have the crib given to us. (thanks holden's!)
this room will double as cassie's and my scrapbook/sewing room for a while. (we've moved all 3 boys into isaac's room. it's a big room, i promise). i didn't put that part into the photo cuz it's a mess. but the room is very peaceful and soothing to be in. i can't wait until SETH is enjoying it with us. (yes, i think we've decided on his first name. we've already started calling him that. now we just have to decide on a middle name).
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Debbie said...

the room is so cute!! i am so excited for you guys and i LOVE the name!

Dani Dooley said...

Congratulations! I didn't even know. I'm so excited for you. Wish i could do it again too. Love the blog, it's super cute.

Karina said...

What a cute room. Love it!

jane Cobber said...

So good to catch up on your family! You look awesome and I love the decorations in the room. I love the name Seth. I'll bet kids are all excited to have him join your family:)

Amy Jones said...

Cute Nursery! How fun! I can't wait to meet Seth!

Michelle Burk said...

Darling nursery! I'm totally shocked you decided to paint another room in your house : )
I'm so excited for you to have your own tiny baby to hold and love. You may never get anything else done again . . . and that would be just fine.

Michelle Burk said...

Darling nursery! I'm totally shocked you decided to paint another room in your house : )
I'm so excited for you to have your own tiny baby to hold and love. You may never get anything else done again . . . and that would be just fine.

Debbie said...

it is a scrabble necklace and i love it! how do you make them? oh please tell me!!!!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

The nursery is so cute Celeste. Oh, and I did get that package last week. Thank you so much for the gift! I love it, and I'm sure I will be using it a lot!

Johnson said...

Another boy!!! I love the name Seth. The room is really cute too!